Requirements:Completion of Site Selection Criteria form
Experience in the hospitality industry
Liquid net worth of at least $1,000,000
“We opened a Shula’s 347 Gables restaurant in Coral Gables, Florida in 2010 and it has been very well received by the community as it represents a winning combination of a football legend with excellent food and service. The Shula’s brand is truly the perfect mix between a family business and national scaled brand. The brand awareness is huge with our business and we have been experiencing double digit sales growth year after year. I’ve been impressed from day one with the level of detail that the Shula’s brand keeps for its service and food quality standards. Nothing but the best and people recognize it.”
"The Shula's Steak House concept has been extremely well received by both our hotel guests and local residents in a market that is saturated with upscale restaurants. We have enjoyed working with the entire Shula's team who are extremely knowledgeable, flexible and most importantly committed to ensuring that our restaurant is successful."
"Since the opening of Shula’s Steak House in our four-diamond rated Hilton Naples in 2000, Cooper Hotels has benefitted from the expertise and superior quality of the Shula’s franchise product. Cooper Hotels is delighted with our longtime relationship with Coach Don Shula and Dave Shula. We appreciate their personal involvement and interest in the success of our Shula’s Steak House. With their commitment, Shula’s Steak House in the Hilton Naples is one of Shula’s premier restaurants nationwide. In Southwest Florida, the Shula’s name is synonymous with fine, award-winning dining and service. Our Shula’s in the Hilton Naples is perennially named the best steak house in Southwest Florida, and it receives numerous other coveted regional awards and accolades each year. For over 12 years, the upscale Shula’s Steak House in the Hilton Naples has contributed to the hotel’s longstanding four-diamond rating and its elite position as the luxury hotel of choice in Southwest Florida."
“Shula’s 2 has been a valuable component of our hotel for many years. The Shula brand provides us a national name with a great reputation in the food and beverage industry.”
"We have enjoyed our relationship with Shula's for nearly 10 years in multiple TPG properties. The Shula's team embraces quality in all areas of operation from the concept & training programs to the outstanding menu and product consistency. When repositioning a high profile Hilton hotel located in our hometown of Providence, RI., we wanted to be certain we partnered with a top-notch brand synonymous with excellence - that's why we chose Shula's 347."
"Since opening in 2009, Shula's 347 Grill has become an integral part of the Tallahassee community. The national brand's attention to quality, extraordinary detail and dedication to the highest level of customer satisfaction is exactly what we were looking for in a culinary partner. We could not be more pleased with the partnership and look forward to more opportunities to work together."
TOP TEN REASONS FOR A SHULA'S FRANCHISE
#1 Shula's Brand
- Shula’s is the #1 Celebrity Steak House in America.
- Don Shula is the winningest Coach in NFL history. Our restaurants represent this winning tradition. The brand and legacy continues to live on with the Don Shula NFL Coach of the Year Award.
- We are considered one of the top high-end Steak House chains in America.
# 2 Shula's Product
- Shula’s prides itself on the quality of our SHULA CUT.
- We proudly own, breed and serve the best beef money can buy.
- To ensure consistency with our most important product, our steaks, Shula’s handles contract negotiations with our beef purveyor.
- At Shula’s, we offer six restaurant concepts which allow us to provide a solution to the individual market needs, property demographics and environment.
#3 Shula's Knowledge / Expertise
- Shula’s is a leader in bringing branded restaurants to hotels while maintaining an independent restaurant philosophy.
- We have been successful in franchising restaurants for over 20 years. Our first Shula’s Steak House opened in Miami Lakes, Florida in 1989.
- We have an Operations Team with five members whom together offer over 110 years of restaurant experience.
#4 Shula's Support
- We provide a complete solution from pre opening to post opening support. We are involved with restaurant design, marketing and operations.
- We provide and monitor all aspects of our brand standards; you maintain complete control of the operations.
- Quarterly audits along with a mystery shopper program are performed to review levels of service and food quality.
- Shula’s offers two Shula Training Camps per year.
#5 Shula's Success
- Established track record.
- Strong market presence in over 32 restaurants.
- High renewal rate with our existing franchisees.
#6 Shula's Leadership
- Shula’s Steak Houses, LLLP is a family owned business. There truly is a man behind the brand, Don Shula, and the legacy will be carried on with his son Dave Shula, who is the active President.
#7 Shula's Integrity
- Don Shula is synonymous with family, integrity, excellence, honesty, character, determination, credibility and winning.
- Shula’s provides a “Halo” Effect, the brand integrity of the concept strengthens the value of the hotel. In turn, adding a successful restaurant to the hotel may increase occupancy, average daily rate and banquet business.
#8 Shula's Marketing
- Partnering with Don Shula, a national icon who transcends sports.
- Cost effective marketing that is based on “Creating Raving Fans”.
- Team Shula, an email based loyalty program that has over 170,000 members
National sweepstakes contest for our customers that have included prizes such as Mercedes vehicles, luxury cruises, Super Bowl tickets and more.
- National Airline Advertising exposure.
- Social Media direction and support.
- Best practices shared with all properties.
#9 Shula's Business Flexibility
- Adaptability to the specific location needs by offering the flexibility in operating three meal periods.
- We work with existing spaces and retrofit where appropriate.
- Review area demographics and hotel market to help select a concept that fits best.
#10 Shula's Cost Effective Design and Rehab
- We pride ourselves on working within budgetary limits and provide cost-effective build-out solutions.